upcoming my 7-eleven app outage 17 july
Our packaging

Our Packaging

Our packaging

At 7-Eleven Australia, we’re working to evolve our packaging to have less impact on the planet. 

As of the end of 2023, 95% (by weight) of all 7-Eleven branded packaging was recyclable, reuseable or compostable. We are working on solutions for the remaining 5% of our own brand product packaging. 

Dispensed beverages

We serve tens of millions of cups of Coffee and Slurpee each year and encourage our customers to make use of reusable cups for these products.  

Where customers don’t have a reusable cup, they can take advantage of our Simply Cups Program, which reduces the amount of single use cups that end up in landfill. Simply Cups collection units can be found at participating 7-Eleven Australia stores

cups
cups
cups

Single use cup recycling 

7-Eleven Australia has been a proud partner of Closed Loop since 2018 and has helped pioneer their Simply Cups program to reduce the amount of single use cups that end up in landfill. We’ve installed Simply Cups collection stations in more than 690 of our stores, which accept all single use cups, lids and straws including those that aren’t from 7-Eleven.  To find out more head to 7-Eleven Cup Rescue

 

Cups 

Hot Coffee and Tea 

Our Hot Coffee and Tea cups are made from at least 89% materials derived from plants, including the outer paper sleeve, derived from wood pulp, and an insulating layer, derived from corn starch. 

These cups can be recycled through Simply Cups collection units, found at participating 7-Eleven stores.  ​

Iced Coffee and Hot Chockee 

Our Iced Coffee and Hot Chockee cups are made from Polypropylene and are kerbside recyclable. 

Slurpee and Shake Station

Our Slurpee and Shake Station cups are made from at least 75% materials derived from plants, including the outer paper sleeve, derived from wood pulp, and an insulating layer, derived from corn starch. 

These cups can also be recycled through Simply Cups collection units. 

 

Lids

Hot Coffee and Tea 

In New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, and the Australian Capital Territory our hot coffee and tea lids are made from at least 74% materials derived from corn starch. 

In Western Australia, our hot drink lids are made from at least 90% materials derived from bamboo and sugar cane pulp, and meet State legislative requirements.  

Iced Coffee, Slurpee and Shake Station 

Our Iced Coffee, Slurpee and Shake Station lids are made from at least 90% materials derived from bamboo and sugar cane pulp.

These lids are either home compostable, as tested under Australian Standard AS5810, or can be recycled through Simply Cups collection units, found  at participating 7-Eleven stores.  ​

 

Straws, cutlery and bags ​ 

Our straws are made from at least 89% materials derived from wood pulp.  

Our cutlery is made of Birchwood.  

Our carry bags are paper derived from wood pulp. 

 

Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation Commitment

7-Eleven Australia has been a signatory to the Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO) since 2007.  We are committed to the Covenant’s objectives and continue to strive toward minimising the environmental impact of consumer packaging. 

To find out more, please download the latest 7-Eleven APCO Annual Report and Action Plan. You can also find out more about APCO on the APCO website.