24 March 2022
7-Eleven is teaming up with the Melbourne Food & Wine Festival to bring Melburnians a retail experience like no other. From 25 March to 3 April, Melbourne’s favourite convenience store is setting up shop at the Queen Victoria Market.
A food-lover’s haven, The Convenient Store, presented by 7-Eleven, is a Melbourne-twist on the convenience store concept. With a menu of reimagined 7-Eleven products stocked alongside some of Melbourne’s most cherished eatery favourites, expect to see must try dishes such as Gomi Boy’s Ramen noodle cup featuring bush noodles, braised kangaroo, lemon verbena & sardine broth, saltbush tare and quail egg.
The festival partnership is a first for 7-Eleven and demonstrates the company’s focus on reimagining convenience in Australia. Emma Metcalf-King, Head of Food at 7-Eleven says,
“We continue to challenge and improve the product we put into our stores because we know consumer preferences are changing. Melbournians are big on their food, so what better way to disrupt consumer perceptions on what a convenience store can offer than with the Melbourne Food & Wine Festival. This is a 7-Eleven, but not as you know it today.”
Melburnians can enjoy an exclusive first taste of the new hot deli sandwiches coming soon to selected 7-Eleven stores. These delicious sandwiches, like the mouth-watering beef brisket, falafel, or tuna melt, are served with a side of the Tom Sarafian’s hummus and Chappy’s dill pickle chips at The Convenient Store, presented by 7-Eleven. This perfectly pairing is a festival exclusive.
Happy hour with a twist arrives with limited edition Slurpee cocktails. From 4pm–7pm daily, the Convenient Store, presented by 7-Eleven, will be transformed into Melbourne’s hottest new bar, showcasing a cocktail list of Slurpee cocktails, alongside some local favourites.
With a focus on flavour and convenience, The Convenient Store, presented by 7-Eleven, is a statement of the convenience retailer’s new strategy, Metcalf-King says, “Customers are telling us that they want tasty and convenient meals at excellent value, so we continue to challenge and improve the product we put into our stores. The Convenient Store, presented by 7-Eleven is just a taste of how we will be thinking about the future of food at 7-Eleven – think New York style deli, think Japanese convenience store.”
7-Eleven feature products:
● Hot deli sandwiches – Sample an exclusive first taste of the mouth-watering beef brisket, falafel, or tuna melt hot deli sandwiches, coming soon to 7-Eleven. Each sandwich is served at The Convenient Store with a side of Tom Sarafian’s famous hummus and Chappy’s dill pickle chips, made locally in Port Melbourne. This sandwich range will disrupt what you expect from a Convenient Store, reinventing quality food on the go. Hot deli sandwiches are available at The Convenient Store and select 7-Eleven stores from late-2022.
● Slurpee cocktails – Partnering with local boutique gin company, Nagambie Brewery & Distillery, there is a selection of Instagram-worthy Slurpee cocktails including Low Sugar Sour Grapefruit & Low Sugar Lychee Slurpee with Nagambie Vodka & Gin. Only available at The Convenient Store between 4pm-6pm for those 18+.
● Sushi range – devour 7-Eleven’s spicy tuna sushi pack, salmon & avocado hand rolls and sweet chilli salmon onigiri, featured alongside a sushi train at The Convenient Store, presented by 7-Eleven. This range of 7-Eleven sushi is made in Melbourne and delivered to Victorian stores daily. Sushi range available at The Convenient Store and in 7-Eleven stores across Victoria.
● Coffee –With Melburnians drinking over 22,000 cups of 7-Eleven coffee daily, there’s no surprise it’s a staple at The Convenient Store. Coffee beans are batch roasted every week in Melbourne and freshly ground at your local 7-Eleven store. Get your daily caffeine fix at The Convenient Store from 8am daily. Available all day at The Convenient Store and 7-Eleven stores across Australia.
Melbourne Food & Wine feature products include:
● The Convenient Motherlode (the best combo of a deli sandwich and a muffuletta, featuring charcuterie/smallgoods cuts from every deli at the Queen Victoria Market Dairy Produce Hall)
● Gomi Boys Ramen’s noodle cup – bush noodles, braised kangaroo, lemon verbena & sardine broth, saltbush tare and quail egg
● MoVida’s smoked tomato sorbet with MoVida anchovy crumb
● Montforte’s Viennoiserie – Welsh rarebit with pickled shallot and cornichon
● Pie Thief’s dim sim sausage roll
● Goldy’s Tavern’s Goldy’s roll – an epic take on a deep-fried Aussie classic with lemon myrtle ranch sauce
● Falco Bakery’s Neenish tarts
● Curatif X MFWF’s cocktail selection
● Chappy’s x Yarra Valley Caviar’s prawn cocktail chips
Just to name a few…
The Convenient Store, presented by 7-Eleven is open daily from 8am–7pm, located on the corner of Queen and Franklin Streets at Queen Victoria Market. Happy Hour operates daily from 4pm–7pm – free entry, walk-ins only.
The Convenient Store, presented by 7-Eleven runs from 25 March to 3 April as part of the Melbourne Food & Wine Festival. For program details, please visit mfwf.com.au